The State Representative works with the membership manager and the professional development manager on efforts toward growth and retention of ACA members (i.e., both individual and camp) and customers at the state level. In partnership and coordination with membership staff, professional development staff and the Professional Development Chair, the State Representative develops and implements member and customer retention strategies and supports professional development events in alignment with ACA priorities.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of and passion for camp and ACA.
- Be an active member of ACA.
- Maintaining an open line of communication with team members.
- Completing quality projects/initiatives in a timely manner.
- Cultivating and recruiting potential future ACA volunteers.
Participation May Include
- Welcoming new camps and professionals.
- Checking in with and providing support to existing camps and professionals.
- Recruiting new camps and professionals.
- Inviting prospects and members to local office events.
- Providing ideas or content for local office newsletter.
- Helping celebrate successes of camps in local area.
- Helping plan and attend networking events and/or recruitment initiatives.
- Ability to listen, analyze, think clearly and creatively, work well with individuals and groups, balance volunteer tasks with other commitments, manage time, and adhere to deadlines.
- Willingness to prepare for and attend LCOL meetings
- Ability to complete quality projects/initiatives in a timely manner.
- Cultivate and recruit potential future volunteers.
- Possess honesty, be sensitive to and have tolerance of differing views, be friendly, have a responsive and patient approach, have community-building skills, possess personal integrity, and possess a dedication to ACA.
The State Representative commits to:
- Serve at least a two-year term.
- Requires a time commitment of 4 to 5 hours per month, on average.
- Attend Local Council of Leaders meetings.
- Communicate with ACA staff and volunteers in a timely and professional manner.