The volunteer coordinator is responsible for creating, promoting, and approving volunteer opportunities on ACA Connect, Volunteer Center.
Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to connect and engage local volunteers.
- Confident communicator.
- Good writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Project management and time management skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
- Committed to advancing diversity and inclusion.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Create service descriptions and volunteer opportunities.
- Approve volunteer opportunities.
- Draft and/or post volunteer opportunities on ACA Connect.
- Follow Local Council of Leaders (LCOL) Volunteer Center Approval Guide.
- Occasionally, prepare communications for biweekly local office newsletter.
- Attend LCOL and/or committee meetings as needed.
- Help in recruitment of new volunteers, committee members, and LCOL members.
- Communicate with other LCOL members, offer feedback and ideas, give input, etc.
- Attend trainings, meetings, and calls determined by staff and volunteers.
- Serve a 1-year term.
- Attend all relevant LCOL and/or committee meetings. Meetings may be in person or virtual.
- Communicate with staff and volunteers in a timely and professional manner.