Join the ACA, Southwest LCOL.
Serve as an interim chair through September 2018, with the opportunity to continue (if elected).
The Local Council of Leaders (LCOL) Volunteer Chair works with the LCOL, local office committee chairs, events chairs and field staff to identify volunteer needs and meet them.
Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to lead a team and facilitate work in individuals and groups.
- Ability to connect and engage local volunteers
- Experience leading work groups/committees to meet expected outcomes/goals
- Knowledge of the regional “picture” of camp and basic understanding of camp culture(s) within the designated region.
- Work cooperatively with the ACA volunteers and staff to develop local volunteer plan that includes
- Cultivation and Recruitment
- Onboarding and Training
- Engagement and Support
- Recognition and Awards
- Organize and facilitate committee/work group meetings and annual planning process(es).
- Stay informed of emerging issues and trends that affect the camp profession and industry.
- Work with the State Representatives (AZ, NM, NV and UT) to understand local needs and to identify potential volunteers in each state.
- Work with LCOL, local area volunteers and ACA staff to determine effectiveness of the local volunteer plan
- Keep current on information pertaining to: the work of ACA, Southwest LCOL, identified priorities of local committees, and ACA, Inc. growth strategy initiatives
- Follow all applicable ACA policies and procedures
- Provide updates at Local Council of Leaders meetings
- Participate in one virtual Regional Volunteer Development Chairs meeting annually.
- Attend LCOL meetings (in person or virtual) each year.
- Plan and attend Volunteer Development committees meetings (in person or virtual), as needed.
The Volunteer Development chair commits to:
- Serve at least a 2-year term.
- Requires a time commitment of 6 to 8 hours per month, on average.
- Attend 1 to 2 in-person meetings and 4 to 6 virtual meetings.
- Participate in one virtual Regional Volunteer Development Chairs meeting.
- Communicate with ACA Staff and other volunteers in a timely and professional manner.