The ACA, Northern California Communications Chair conveys internal and external messages for ACA, Northern California. They draft and publish materials in coordination with the Local Council of Leaders (LCOL) and American Camp Association (ACA) staff.
Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to connect and engage local volunteers.
- Knowledge of the regional “picture” of camp and basic understanding of camp culture(s) within the designated region.
- Confident communicator.
- Good writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and design skills.
- Project management and time management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
- Drafting and/or posting communications on ACA Connect.
- Preparing communications for biweekly local office newsletter.
- Posting events on the local office Facebook page.
- Creating ad hoc committees, subgroups, and task-forces as needed.
- Giving guidance, stimulation, and support to all LCOL members and committees.
- Attending LCOL meetings or committee meetings, if not part of the LCOL.
- Attend committee meetings/calls as needed — ex: Professional development meetings before an event
- Communicate newsletter/email blast needs to ACA, Inc. staff
- Moderate ACA, Northern California social media, ACA Connect
- Marketing of events & trainings — ex: phone calls, emailing, social media blasts
- Help in the recruitment of new volunteers, committee members, and LCOL members
- Communicate with LCOL members, offer feedback and ideas, give input, etc.
- Attend trainings, meetings, and calls determined by ACA, Inc.
- Form a committee or work-group as needed
- Develop and execute marketing and communications strategy